Hearts of Roses

Hearts of Roses

Saturday 26 July 2014

Fly Away

Huff and puff the wind blows
My hair, it's all over my face
I tucked it behind my ear
Windy day I must say
But it can't even be compared to the hurricane inside me

A flock of birds fly high in the sky
Some linger on the wooden bench I'm perching on
I am in deep thoughts
Wish there is a chance
For me to feel freedom
Free as the birds
Soar high and beyond
The mountains
The sea
The sky
No boundaries

Beanies, they keep me warm
Wrap around my head like your words
Look at those tender eyes
Glinting
Tears stream down the angel face
Is this how you want it to be?
If I ever have the chance
I would make a change
I may be too afraid
Or too careless
Or too prone to heartbreaks
But I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

Brief and short
That is how people keep their words nowadays
Emotions, they don't exist
It is just a myth for people like us
Bundled up in feelings
Try to sleep through the night
It's a pillow of comfort
I can't bear to see the person I am tomorrow
Demons hover above my head
I try to always chase them away
But they keep coming back

Maybe time will turn
Show me what love is
I will look up to the sky
Bidding on the birds
Next thing I know
They are gone
I'm building a hot air balloon from scraps of my heart
If you have the fire
I'd ride it one day with you
and
We'll fly on





Inspired by Coldplay-Fly on (O) from Ghost Stories.

1 comment: