Hearts of Roses

Hearts of Roses

Friday 15 August 2014

BTN CAMP EXPERIENCE 10/2/14 - 14/2/14 @KEM KLIA

PROGRAM MAHASISWA KE LUAR NEGARA is a programme carried out by the Public Service Department of Malaysia for scholars who will be studying overseas. They are required to attend a 5D4N camp at selected camp locations and pass a test to secure the scholarship.
Here begins my journey of a future.

Before joining this camp, I had to do a lot of searching on the net so that I can get an idea of what this camp is about and I’m also freaking out because I’m not a sports person so hiking is really not my thing.


So on the first day, we got onto the bus and went to kem KLIA. An exclusive JPA bus, how cool.


SWEG.


Here we set off on a 2hour journey to a 5D4N camp.

 Wow, the camp was fairly new and the environment was pretty good,I must say. New buildings, trees, flowers etc. 

The dorm. This is the girls' dorm.
The centre of all buildings. Girls and boys dorms are separated. Of course, it is against the rule to trespass opposite gender's dorm.

The little lane towards the field.


We registered and picked our rooms, 2ppl or 3 ppl per room. The room was another wow factor because it had a wet kitchen, a dry kitchen(pretty small), a bathroom, 3single beds, plenty of cupboards but they r so filthy u ain’t wanna use them. Overall,the room was pretty nice, we could see a field through our window where we had our physical activities. 


Quite a comfy bed. No mosquitoes but there were two cockroaches. FUCK.

Through our window.


We joined the beds together to make more space, genius!

three beds per room


To start off the day, we had a briefing about my activities such as wacana minda which are talks given by several ppl and this routine continued for two days. 

Everyone had to be in formal attire.

Fast asleep when there were talks going on. 6am - 1am yo. OF COURSE I WAS SLEEP DEPRIVED. Besides, I had trouble sleeping. So I guess I only slept for 2hours per day.


Every morning we had some warm up activities in our track bottoms and did some marching. In the evening,back to our sportswear again for a new BTN activity called war dance which we had to perform in a competition on the 4th day.

Sang the national anthem here everyday.
Did I mention we also had a friendly match of Hula Hoop (for girls only)? Basically, you score when the hula is caught by the goalkeeper. It wasn't much fun as I was a potato.

On the 3rd to 4th day, we were divided into groups of 11 and were handled by a facilitator. We discussed about politics,economy,social stuffs, had debates, discussions, mind maps,presentations etc u get the drill, it was like college again except it was mainly about history,thinking skills and everything had to be communicated in BM. I embarrassed myself too much here....

Had to memorize this song for the War Dance performance.

On the 4th day, we had a competition about patriotic songs and my group got the song tanggal 31, yes thank god! However, our dance routine sucked badly lol. 

On the last day,we had a test and that test wasn’t that easy as the internet suggested. The questions were given based on the wacana minda so u gotta pay attention but I was too tired that time (6am to 12pm class wtf) but I think I passed it. It was an open book test but there were only a few questions that were in the book. Also that only contributed 40% of the marks , the remaining 60 was based on your performance during group activities and everyone passed it woohoo! We did have some quizzes about the current issues and politics and about Malaysia. 

A game we played in which those who broke the rule were punished as such, haha.

As for meals, we had 6meals per day and it was quite good, had a lot of spicy food and everyone was just too shy to eat lol. 

You can definitely ask for refills.

The standard lunch/dinner.


Btw thank god because we did not have any extreme activities because this camp did not have the right facilities and thank god we did not have to hike in the palm oil field lol. 

Camp was great. I was skeptical at first but I learned so much from this camp, about patriotism, about love for unity.. I do feel thankful and blessed to receive this scholarship and I promise not to let my country down. I shall set a great example representing the ppl of Malaysia and display good virtues and culture. 

Thanks for the memories. 

My groupmates :)

One of the most beautiful photo I have taken in my life. It stands for 1Malaysia.

*Pictures are taken from web, facebook. Here's the credit.






This is one of the best things that happened in my life.
Sleepless nights did pay off. If you see this, hi :3

7 comments:

  1. swag for the bus! HAHAHAHA
    I can imagine your voice when reading! hahaa
    keep on updating, anticipating it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, it was my first time seeing a bus like that :P
      Thanks bae :3

      Delete
  2. hi, i'd like to ask if there are any rooms on the ground floor? or is there a lift? i recently hurt my leg.. climbing stairs will be difficult for me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no lift unfortunately, but I recall the lowest possible room is on the 1st/ 2nd floor? I am sure that you may request the staff for the most convenient room.

      Delete
  3. hi I would like to ask what time will the last day of the camp end?Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi I would like to ask what time will the last day of the camp end?Thanks

    ReplyDelete