Hearts of Roses

Hearts of Roses

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Samsung S5 Review for Everyday Users

I am not a tech expert. I just want my phone to DO THE JOB.

After much deliberation about buying a S5 or a Note 3, I bought a white Samsung Galaxy S5 in the month of July 2014 when it was newly released.
Priced at RM2399 at Samsung Malaysia stores.




DEISGN : 4/5

PROS:
Screen is big.
White option available.
Speaker is on the top of the phone.
Flash and sensor( at the back of the phone) do not touch surface.
It's pretty okay to grip firmly with small hands.


CONS:
Camera touches surface.
Pretty hard to adjust volume.
It is troublesome to remove the charging cap. FUCK THAT CAP.



FUNCTION: 5/5

There are PEDOMETER, HEART RATE SENSOR, STRESS RATE SENSOR goddammit.
Even though they are not the most accurate, they are fun to use.

Settings are very organised.

Fingerprint sensor, check.

Waterproof? Not sure. Ain't trying.


SPEED: 4/5

Pretty fast in general.
Smooth slide in home screen and app screen.
Varies according to apps.
Gallery is slow.

**Searching/connecting to new WIFI is VERY VERY SLOW.


WIFI: 2/5

As I mentioned, searching/connecting to new WIFI is VERY VERY SLOW.

I don't like this feature: You are using Google app but it will direct you to use Internet/Chrome for search results. Then why the fuck do I use Google for?

Observe that I am using Google app but this fucking thing came up. ALL THE TIME.



Wifi switches off automatically when I shut off the screen. (Might due to my battery defender app)


BATTERY: 2/5

Dies out FAST.
Dies at 1% per 2minutes of continuing usage.
The Ultra Power Saving Mode is not impressive.

BUT!!! It charges pretty fast as well. In fact, it's so fast that it is worth it.
I use 4 power saving apps to minimize battery usage but I don't think they are making a huge difference.
(Juice Defender, Easy Battery Saver, Battery Defender, Clean Master)

Ultra Power Saving Mode

STORAGE: 3/5

So the options available are 16GB and 32GB but the availability depends on countries.
Malaysia has 16GB version only.

16GB is not enough as I tuse lots of memory for photos and files.
Bigger storage can increase phone speed too.
Note: **** 16GB is allocated for everything in your phone (apps etc) but extra memory (I bought 64GB) is only for photos.


CAMERA: 2/5

WTF CAMERA. MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT.

Back Camera



The 16.1 MP is not bad though. Quality is pretty okay in computer.
Here come the cons...

The selective focus is WTF. It does not work on many backgrounds, including people...
Selective focus that actually worked for the first time.

The modes available are impressive especially the virtual tour but you need to dowload them from the app store unlike the previous model a.k.a S4 which already have the modes but not all of them.

Some of the modes.


JERKY CAMERA. You just can't fucking take a clear shot no matter how still you are.

Without Flash.

With Flash.



FRONT CAMERA IS SO DISAPPOINTING PLEASE PUT A GUN TO MY HEAD. The 2MP camera sucks as usual, with no fucking change despite previous models all have the same problem.
Fucking bad selfie with no fucking filters.

AUDIO: 4/5

No comment. It's loud enough with earphones but not very without.




VERDICT: 4/5
Pretty impressive for Samsung. I would choose iphone but widgets are life to me.

Is it worth my money? Yes, I guess. It does do the job for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment