Hearts of Roses

Hearts of Roses

Sunday 24 August 2014

Malacca Food Trip


It was my last trip to Malacca, my beloved hometown.
My final chance to mess with the dog and stuff my mouth with good food in Malacca.
I also had yoghurt puffs that I left at grandma's place so please, don't let me start on that, it breaks my heart.


PAN KEE CHILLI PAN MEE

I had been dying to try the pan mee and it took me awhile to find the location.
What I like about pan mee shops like this is that you can add condiments like sambal or dried chilli flakes etc.
As you can see, the restaurant only provides dried chilli flakes soy sauce and pepper.

It comes with a bowl of  black bean soup, a chinese delicacy.

Dry chilli pan mee RM6

The pan mee was not bad, a tad too 'wet' as the oil was left at the bottom of the bowl.
Chilli flakes were not as fragrant and spicy as I expected but overall the meal was pleasant.




HAWKER STALLS AT BUKIT BARU

I didn't feel hungry so I opted for some local dishes at a hawker stall near my grandma's shop.

Fried oyster with egg

Another favourite of mine, which I couldn't recall the name.

Gool ol satay.

EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME.

Grilled fish with sambal.


龍記怡保芽菜雞飯 Long Kee Ipoh Chicken Rice

One of the things that Malacca is famous for is mouth-watering chicken rice, especially the rice balls.
This idea was initiated by the Hainanese who made rice balls for religious offerings. My grandma told me this story as she was amused by how rice balls have turned into a commercial food now, a very popular one indeed.

No rice balls but the chicken was very good. RM21, good for 3 person.
 The chicken was tender and had this rich yellow skin colour. Succulent, that was.

I don't eat bean sprouts so.....:/


COCONUT SHAKE AT KLEBANG

A warm welcome by the entrance.

RM2.50 per cup.

Vanilla ice cream on the rocks.
I was so disappointed with this shake. It tasted like plain milk without any hint of coconut and the ice shavings were too coarse. My only hope left- the ice cream was a let down as well. It didn't taste sweet, fuck. I travelled far for this overrated coconut shake......



72 Degrees Cafe and Bistro

We were trying out at this restaurant which replaced Station One Kopitiam. Limited selections on the menu but it was worth a go.

Grilled chicken cheese with corn on the cob, potato wedges, coleslaw and black pepper gravy.

Chicken burger with potato wedges.
I swapped my chips for potato wedges!




HUANG CHANG CHICKEN RICE RESTAURANT AT BATU BERENDAM

AT LAST! I got to fill my belly with those cute tiny rice balls!

One half of a whole chicken and 30 rice balls. RM15 for all. Good deal! 15 cents per ball.

They are good enough to eat on its own.
We thought 30 balls were enough for 3 people but it turned out we went for 40 instead.
I like my balls dipped in soy sauce. HEHE >:)


Some bakery shop you don't care

I thought they looked cute. :3


LOOK AT THAT STAR-SHAPED BUN. THAT IS HEAVEN RIGHT THERE.
It is a potato crust bun I don't know how to name it but it was delicious, it sent me to heaven yeah.
Then, I bought a custard bun, blueberry cheese tart, a scone and a Portuguese cheese tart because why the fuck not.




To end this epic food blog post, I shall admit that
I grew fat...........

2 comments:

  1. The name of the dish you forgot is called Loh Bak.
    and I never heard of the coconut milkshake is famous in Melaka :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Got My Loan From A Genuine And Reliable Loan Company

    I am Mrs.Irene Query i was in need of a loan of $150,000 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to Dr Purva Pius,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Approvals within 2-4 Hours

    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete